Lucid Dreaming is one of the most unique and amazing experiences you can have. The only problem is that learning how to do it can be tricky. These 5 unconventional techniques to have a lucid dream may sound weird but they really work and they are easy to do. For more conventional lucid dreaming techniques, visit here.
1. Drink a lot of water before you go to bed. I know, you hate doing that and so do I, but this really works. You have spent years training yourself to recognize when you have to pee at night so don't wet the bed. You can use this to help you have a lucid dream. In your dream, when you begin to feel like you need to pee, you can use that to remember that you are dreaming, and bam...you are lucid. I know this sounds overly simplistic, but it really does work. Give it a shot.
2. Lay in bed longer in the morning. You want to do this anyway so now you have an excuse. Your REM cycles get longer the later you sleep in. That is why you tend to have more vivid dreams in the morning. Once you have slept all you need to, don't get out of bed. Just lay there until you drift back to sleep. Try to think about the thing you want to dream about as you are drifting off to sleep. Or you can try to remember the dream you were having before you woke up and then try to continue it. This is probably the easiest way to have a lucid dream.
3. Give yourself a goal to accomplish in your dream. I suggest starting with something simple, like saying a certain phrase, or doing a jumping heel click while saying something with an Irish accent. This works best if you do it as you are laying in bed in the morning. Drift back to sleep and then try to accomplish your goal. The first time you do it, it is pretty weird. Once you have this down you can then try doing other things in your dream. With a little practice you can get really good at controlling different elements of the dreamscape and it will begin to get easier and easier.
4. Put familiar but distinctive music on repeat before you go to bed. Some of you may have trouble falling asleep with music so this one won't work for everyone. If you are able to do this, you will have times in your dreams where you will notice the music playing over and over and this will give you an opportunity to recognize that you are dreaming.
5. Take Dream Leaf. I know this may sound unconventional but if you have not yet tried it, you really need to see what I'm talking about. Some people may see taking a dream supplement as weird, but hey, if you are reading this blog, you probably are a little weird so you've got nothing to lose. Hands down, the most lucid, vivid, and remarkable dreams I've ever had have been when taking the lucid dreaming supplement - Dream Leaf. Also, just a tip on the supplement - there are two pills, a red one and a blue one. You can take them in combination, as recommended, or you can take one or the other alone before bed. They both work differently so you can see the difference in how they impact your dreams. Take a look at How Dream Leaf Works.